I am a student enrolled in the BYUi Pathway program and this week during my studies for my religion class I watched an amazing video that triggered a flood of inspiration. I took notes and watched the video several times to get it all as best I could. Here is what I wrote:
- Wherever our Savior takes us in this life, it's always for a better result.
- There is nothing we can do, be or experience that will cause our Savior to stop loving us. There is no darkness so dark that He can't light it up. He will never feel disgusted with us no matter how we feel about ourselves, no matter how the world feels about us.
- Heavenly Father will provide us with the best possible gifts. I'm reminded of the scripture in John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The gifts He gives will likely not be highly valued by the world's standards but they will be the best possible gifts.
- How we feel about out children is a clear indication and evidence of the wisdom of Heavenly Father's plan. We get to come to this life and live a type and model of the life that He lives. We get to experience a love so great that it defies human language to describe and consumes us completely. A love so great that there is nothing we wouldn't do for or go through for the object of that love, our children.
- Some people do things so morally or ethically wrong or reprehensible that they stop loving themselves. To one degree or another, all sin has this effect on us. It is from this state of being that our Savior saves us.
This really falls short of the experience I had while I received this inspiration from my Heavenly Father. He truly was with me and guiding my thoughts and influencing my feelings. There is a sort of divine essence to such an experience that leaves me changed in ways I'm not fully able to comprehend. It's like a child spinning around and around so that the world appears to be whirling by around her. But when the child stops, there is yet an effect and feeling that remains as a result of the experience. This is what I am experiencing even now as I write this. There is a lasting influence from that encounter with Deity that continues to change me.
It is more beautiful than anything in this world.